Asking Questions on Remesh
One of the most important things you can do on the Remesh platform is to ask interesting, insightful questions. Here are some best practices to help you ask the best questions possible:
- The most value can be derived from a Remesh Conversation by using open-ended questions, Asks on the Remesh platform
- Be detailed and clear in each question you ask
- Ask one succinct question rather than two questions in one. Instead of asking "How would you describe this product design and why would you describe it that way?" you should ask two separate questions to the group: one for the "How" and one for the "Why"
- If a question can be answered with a close-ended answer like “yes” or “no” then it will work best as a Poll
- If you need to ask two related questions, use a Poll and then an Ask. This way, you can filter the response to the Ask based on how the participants answered the previous Poll
- Imagine potential answers in your mind to help judge how effective the question is
- Remember that all participants will be asked to respond to each question you send the group. When asking probing questions, try not to be too pointed or to direct questions to one specific segment of the participants. You want to make sure everyone feels like they can respond to the questions appropriately
- Be detailed and direct in how you ask questions, but try not to dictate how participants should respond. Remember that the participants are humans, so providing lengthy "instructions" for how to respond to each question may be confusing and lead to lower quality responses.
- Recommended question times are 2 minutes per Ask and 30 seconds per Poll